Our intent for the August meeting was for all of us to come having:
- Updated our Journal/Biography.
- Prepared the reflection on a painting in the York exhibition.
- Reflected on the painting by Peter Williams and the ceramic work of Pete Moss.
We met at the Collection – Maddie, Vernon & David. Unfortunately Megan could not attend and it was difficult for Kierah given her new circumstances.
- The new monthly meeting plan and the prospect of meeting regularly in Karolina’s offices in the Bailgate.
- The possibility of Maddie & Megan attending SSC Sociological Imagination classes in the Autumn.
- Ratchel Tanner.
- That we might move from our focus on ‘A’ level work to consider other possibilities.
- The experiences Maddie had as a result of her attending David’s ‘Summer School’.These sound incredibly positive and her explanation of the work she produced was fluent, entertaining and very moving.
- That when undertaking a ‘transect’ walk we should also consider recording as an accompaniment some words that explain the context and indicate why the subject ‘resonates’ with us.
- We again discussed the prospect of producing a Photobook with words and images.
- We viewed the work of Josh at the Collection.
It was agreed to bring all our work up-to-date by the next meeting to be held at the offices in Bailgate. Meet at the Tourist shop at 10 a.m……………Friday 6th September, 2013.