We met at the Collection………..
- Maddie brought Vernon up-to-date as regards what they did at the previous meeting which he had missed.
- Maddie explained what the structure of today’s meeting would be, her future involvement in the SSC and somethings about Sarah’s seminars particularly around what the term ‘normal’ meant.
- We explored ideas around ‘visual philosophy’…..thinking of Photography.
- We looked at the magazine SOURCE which reflected on the work of professional photographers including Adam’s work. [ See Summer edition 2012]
- David explained that all members of SSC can submit work to Journals etc in order to foster their research.
- Note BG library is ‘free’ to join.
- The Summer school is now full and Maddie will be attending.
- David clarified a number of points about ubdertaking a Ph.d.
We then visited the Usher and Collection with a view to undertaking particular pieces of written work………At the York exhibition David advised we were to pick out a theme or piece of artwork or a point of comparison and write up a piece in relation to it. At the Usher we were advised to reflect on the painting ‘Remembrance’ and to describe what one ‘sees’
HOMEWork…..the exercises above.
Next meeting on 2nd August at the Collection……..